Nominate to join the Board of Directors
Nominations are now open for new members of the International Association of Wildland Fires' (IAWF) Board of Directors. Nominations will be accepted through September 30, 2018 and successful candidates will begin their 3-year term on January 1, 2019. Individuals meeting the requirements listed below may self-nominate.
REQUIREMENTS AND INFORMATION
- Must be an “individual” member of the IAWF in good standing. Student, Corporate and Agency members are not eligible.
- The IAWF Board of Directors is a working Board. We expect that individuals serving the membership in these positions will contribute the time, energy and expertise to serve on committees, participate in eleven (11) conference calls per year and generally assist in furthering the mission of the Association. (Calls are scheduled the last Tuesday every month, except December and generally last about 60 minutes.)
- Applicants with skills/expertise in Financial Management, Board Governance, and Communication/Journalism/Media (Writing and Editing) are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Association of Wildland Fire (IAWF) mission is to facilitate communication and provide leadership for the wildland fire community. The IAWF was formed to promote a better understanding of wildland fire, and built on the belief that an understanding of this dynamic natural force is vital for natural resource management, for firefighter safety, and for harmonious interaction between people and their environment. The Association is dedicated to communicating with the entire wildland fire community and providing global linkage for people with shared interest in wildland fire and comprehensive fire management.
- If your job or other activities will prevent you from dedicating sufficient time to committees and monthly meetings, as mentioned above, you may not be suited for the position.
- Since most of the Board’s activities are conducted electronically, applicants need to be comfortable using email, opening and filing attachments to email, using Microsoft Word for very basic tasks such as creating documents, opening documents, filing them, and minor editing.
- Attending an annual face-to-face Board of Directors meeting is very helpful, but not a requirement. The IAWF at this time is not able to pay travel expenses for Board meetings. The annual meetings are one day and are generally held at one of our conferences.
By September 30, 2018, submit an application (see below). The Board of Directors will hold their election for the expiring positions during the week of October 30th.
For more information about the IAWF visit http://www.iawfonline.org/
If you have any questions please contact Mikel Robinson, Executive Director at +01 406-531-8264 or firstname.lastname@example.org