The IAWF is offering registration and travel scholarships for underrepresented minorities to attend the upcoming conference, Wildland Fire Canada Conference, October 31 - November 4, 2022, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Wildland Fire Canada Conference
Being a diverse and inclusive organization will enable the International Association of Wildland Fire to learn from others, grow our understanding, and find new ways to address, understand and implement solutions to complex problems.
Our goals are:
1. To increase participation of underrepresented minorities and geographic areas in the Wildland Fire Community to attend, present their work, network with other, connect with mentors and learn about career opportunities at the Wildland Fire Canada Conference. As a result, we will have more diverse perspectives and backgrounds at the conference.
2. To promote the visibility of scientific research and other IAWF related projects conducted by underrepresented minorities.
Applications will be accepted continuously until the conference. However, we will begin reviewing the applications and making awards on August 1st.
The award is complimentary registration to the conference, and/or $500 (CAD) for travel expenses for those attending in person. If selected, you will receive an email with instructions on how to register for the conference. If you will be traveling to Edmonton, you will receive your travel reimbursement when you arrive at the conference.
Please complete the application below and answer the following questions (complete the application as fully as possible, this will help us ensure we meet our goal of reaching a diverse audience. All answers will be confidential, only the review committee will see your responses).
- Tell us about your current work as it related to wildland fire.
- Why do you want to attend the conference?
- Do you propose to present a paper at this conference?
- How will attending the conference help you with your work?
- How would this scholarship make a difference to you?
If you have any questions, please contact:
International Association of Wildland Fire